OAK has improved access for the bicycling community. New Class 1 bike paths and Class 2 bike lanes now link Oakland International Airport terminals with the cities of Oakland, Alameda and San Leandro, and the San Francisco Bay Trail. Map your route. Click here to download the directions to OAK.
To Parking Lots
- From Hwy 880 north, exit at 98th Avenue for a direct, quick drive to the airport. Turn left at the stoplight. Continue straight to Airport Drive and the airport.
- From Hwy 880 south, exit at either Hegenberger Road or 98th Avenue.
- From the Hegenberger Road exit, turn right at the stoplight. Continue straight to the airport. Cross Doolittle Drive (SR 61) and pass beneath the airport's entrance arch and continue straight to Airport Drive and the airport.
- From the 98th Avenue exit, turn right at the stoplight. Continue straight to Airport Drive and the airport.
- Use the right lanes for Terminal 1 passenger pick-up and drop-off.
- Use the left lanes for Terminal 2 passenger pick-up and drop-off.
- For Hourly and Daily Parking: Stay in the left hand lane on Airport Drive and follow the signs to Hourly and Daily Parking.
- For Economy Parking: From Airport Drive, take the second exit ramp. Turn right at the stoplight and follow the signs to Economy Parking, on your right.
To Rental Car Center
- For Park & Call: From Airport Drive, take the second exit ramp for John Glenn Drive. Go straight at the stoplight and follow the signs to the Park and Call lot entrance, on your right near the Oakland Maintenance Center.
To Cargo Facilities
- From Hegenberger Road, turn right on Doolittle Drive, then left on Langley St. The Rental Car Center is on your right.
To Metropolitan Golf Links
- Stay in the right hand lane on Airport Drive and turn right on Alan Shepard Way. At the stop sign, go straight to the multi-tenant cargo building, on your left.
- As you leave the terminal area on Airport Drive, stay in the far right hand lane and follow the signs to Alameda and San Leandro. At the stoplight, turn right on Doolittle Drive (SR 61). The entrance to Metropolitan Golf Links is on your right.
- Within 8 miles of the airport, travelers can tune to TIPs Radio 1700AM for current airport traffic, parking availability and security information. Watch for roadway signage at the entrance to the airport that will indicate which parking lots still have available space. Call (510) 563-3200 for parking information.