What is a Master Plan?
The Master Plan for OAK is a concept-level planning and feasibility study that identifies potential near-term projects (5-year timeframe) and provides long-term (20 year) on-Airport general land-use guidance.
- The Master Plan:
- Follows FAA Advisory Circular No. 150/5070-6A
- Identifies near-term projects and provides long-term on-Airport general land-use guidance
- Provides a vehicle for community participation in airport planning (through a Stakeholder Advisory Committee)
- Meets the requirements in various settlement agreements
- The Master Plan does not:
- Focus on detailed plans for individual projects
- Include every project the Port might propose in the 20-year planning horizon
- Approve specific projects
- Undergo detailed environmental review under CEQA / NEPA because it is exempt as a planning / feasibility study (preliminary, screening-level environmental benefits and possible constraints were examined in the Master Plan)